View Single Post
Unread 01-02-2006, 12:41 AM

Points: 193,617, Level: 100 Points: 193,617, Level: 100 Points: 193,617, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 50.7%
Activity: 50.7% Activity: 50.7% Activity: 50.7%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase
NMR Credits: 0
NMR Points: 0
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hi rong,

I am not an expert in NMR spectrometers but I would just take out the probe (if the handle is too far down) and use a long non-magnetic stick to push the handle out of the bore (assuming that you do not deal with 800 or 900 because it would require a really really long stick). I do not think that NMR managers shut down the magnet every time they need to clean the bore after somebody breaks NMR tube inside the magnet. If the handle is not stuck to the magnet too firmly, you can get away without shutting down the magnet too.

If you are not the NMR support person and do not know how to take the probe out, you may want to call your NMR manager and ask his advice before doing anything. You will have much fewer problems for asking an advice on January 1st than for screwing up something (e.g. damaging the probe).

If you really can not get the handle out without shutting down the magnet, you may want to consider calling your spectrometer manufacturer (Bruker/Varian) and ask about their advice. They should have instructions what to do in such cases.

Good luck and, if you have spare time, please let us know how you have resolved this situation.

Thank you,

Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by rong@Jan 1 2006, 11:43 AM
SOS!HELP WANTED!
A handle droped when filling LN2 and got sucked into the magnet bore.
I'm too scared.Anybody knows how to get the small handle out without de-energize it?
[snapback]132[/snapback]

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No