BioNMR
NMR aggregator & online community since 2003
BioNMR    
Learn or help to learn NMR - get free NMR books!

Go Back   BioNMR > NMR community > News from NMR blogs
Advanced Search

Jobs Groups Conferences Literature Pulse sequences Software forums Programs Sample preps Web resources BioNMR issues

Webservers
NMR processing:
MDD
NMR assignment:
Backbone:
Autoassign
MARS
UNIO Match
PINE
Side-chains:
UNIO ATNOS-Ascan
NOEs:
UNIO ATNOS-Candid
UNIO Candid
ASDP
Structure from NMR restraints:
Ab initio:
GeNMR
Cyana
XPLOR-NIH
ASDP
UNIO ATNOS-Candid
UNIO Candid
Fragment-based:
BMRB CS-Rosetta
Rosetta-NMR (Robetta)
Template-based:
GeNMR
I-TASSER
Refinement:
Amber
Structure from chemical shifts:
Fragment-based:
WeNMR CS-Rosetta
BMRB CS-Rosetta
Homology-based:
CS23D
Simshift
Torsion angles from chemical shifts:
Preditor
TALOS
Promega- Proline
Secondary structure from chemical shifts:
CSI (via RCI server)
TALOS
MICS caps, β-turns
d2D
PECAN
Flexibility from chemical shifts:
RCI
Interactions from chemical shifts:
HADDOCK
Chemical shifts re-referencing:
Shiftcor
UNIO Shiftinspector
LACS
CheckShift
RefDB
NMR model quality:
NOEs, other restraints:
PROSESS
PSVS
RPF scores
iCing
Chemical shifts:
PROSESS
CheShift2
Vasco
iCing
RDCs:
DC
Anisofit
Pseudocontact shifts:
Anisofit
Protein geomtery:
Resolution-by-Proxy
PROSESS
What-If
iCing
PSVS
MolProbity
SAVES2 or SAVES4
Vadar
Prosa
ProQ
MetaMQAPII
PSQS
Eval123D
STAN
Ramachandran Plot
Rampage
ERRAT
Verify_3D
Harmony
Quality Control Check
NMR spectrum prediction:
FANDAS
MestReS
V-NMR
Flexibility from structure:
Backbone S2
Methyl S2
B-factor
Molecular dynamics:
Gromacs
Amber
Antechamber
Chemical shifts prediction:
From structure:
Shiftx2
Sparta+
Camshift
CH3shift- Methyl
ArShift- Aromatic
ShiftS
Proshift
PPM
CheShift-2- Cα
From sequence:
Shifty
Camcoil
Poulsen_rc_CS
Disordered proteins:
MAXOCC
Format conversion & validation:
CCPN
From NMR-STAR 3.1
Validate NMR-STAR 3.1
NMR sample preparation:
Protein disorder:
DisMeta
Protein solubility:
camLILA
ccSOL
Camfold
camGroEL
Zyggregator
Isotope labeling:
UPLABEL
Solid-state NMR:
sedNMR

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Unread 06-17-2011, 02:54 PM

Points: 193,617, Level: 100 Points: 193,617, Level: 100 Points: 193,617, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 50.7%
Activity: 50.7% Activity: 50.7% Activity: 50.7%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase
NMR Credits: 0
NMR Points: 193,617
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Spinus and nmrdb.org

Spinus and nmrdb.org

I don't remember how many years ago I discovered the web. I was excited by how many things were available for free. There were a lot of curious and interesting things but, I was the first to admit, nothing really serious that could substitute a true book, or a true CD or a true computer program. The great thing about the internet was that I could easily read the opinions of other people around the world. I mean: ordinary people just like me.Things began to change with the appearance of SDBS 14 years ago. It was the first really useful thing I found on the web.The last discoveries are Spinus and nmrdb.org.SPINUS-WEB
SPINUS (Structure-based Predictions In NUclear magnetic resonance Spectroscopy) is an on-going project for the development of structure-based tools for fast prediction of NMR spectra. SPINUS - WEB currently accepts molecular structures via a Java molecular editor, and estimates 1H NMR chemical shifts. The predictions are obtained from ensembles of previously trained feed-forward neural networks, and corrected with data from an additional memory.SPINUS - WEB predictions are restricted to:CHn protons (no predictions for hydrogen atoms bonded to heteroatoms are made), compounds containing elements C, H, N, O, S (some oxidation states), F, Cl, Br, or I.For a data set of 100 independent structures representing a wide variety of structural features, SPINUS gave the following average errors for chemical shifts: 0.16 ppm for aliphatic class, 0.23 ppm for aromatic class, 0.35 ppm for non-aromatic pi class, and 0.29 ppm for rigid aliphatic class. A global average error of 0.23 ppm was obtained for the 952 predictions. A global error of ca. 0.6 Hz was observed for coupling constants.
This service depends on a number of Java applets that apparently do not work on my computer. Who cares, an alternative interface is available at nmrdb.org. In practice you can forget about Spinus and just connect to the latter. Spinus will be called in the background.When you arrive at the home page of nmrdb.org, you find 4 applications: Simulator, Resurrector, Assigner, Predictor. The latter lets you draw a formula, from which a H-1 spectrum is generated. No alternative is given: if you already have the ChemDraw formula, it's of no use. You have to draw the formula again, which is easy and funny, I have to say.The Simulator allows to simulate a second-order H-1 spectrum, so it's nothing really new. The required input are the values of chemical shifts and Js. Every time you change a value, a new FID is generated and FTed. Too slow for running it on the web, in my opinion.The Resurrector transforms a list of peaks (copied from a PDF paper, for example) into the picture of the corresponding H-1 spectrum. How many formats are recognized? As you know, different journals may require different styles for reporting the NMR values. The ACS style is of course recognized. They have described nmrdb.org on a scientific paper, which probably contains all the details; I have not found them on the web page for the Resurrector.The Assigner is something that does not work but suggests you to move to another site, called mylims.org:
The principe of mylims.org is very simple: You upload a jcamp file You process your spectrum You save the result of the processing You retrieve the ACS assignment for publicationUsing mylims.org you will be able to make fourier transform, phase correction, baseline correction, “smart” peak picking, auto peak picking and even be able to assign 2D nmr !
The NMR Predictor brings us back to our starting point. This picture gives you an idea of how it works:You hover the mouse over an atom in the formula or over a peak in the spectrum. Two yellow squares appear, that hilights the correponding spots into the formula and into the spectrum. Just what you expect, because the similar programs all work in this way.

Source: NMR Software blog

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No