View Single Post
Unread 08-21-2010, 11:41 PM

Points: 193,617, Level: 100 Points: 193,617, Level: 100 Points: 193,617, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 50.7%
Activity: 50.7% Activity: 50.7% Activity: 50.7%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase
NMR Credits: 0
NMR Points: 0
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default 1H NMR-based determination of the secondary structure of porcine pancreatic spasmolyt

1H NMR-based determination of the secondary structure of porcine pancreatic spasmolytic polypeptide: one of a new family of "trefoil" motif containing cell growth factors.

Related Articles 1H NMR-based determination of the secondary structure of porcine pancreatic spasmolytic polypeptide: one of a new family of "trefoil" motif containing cell growth factors.

Biochemistry. 1992 Feb 25;31(7):1998-2004

Authors: Carr MD

Two-dimensional 1H NMR spectroscopy has been used to obtain comprehensive sequence-specific resonance assignments for the putative cell growth factor porcine pancreatic spasmolytic polypeptide, which is a 106-residue protein containing two "trefoil" domains. The patterns of sequential (i,i+l), medium-range (i,i less than 5), and long-range NH to NH, alpha CH to NH, and alpha CH to alpha CH nuclear Overhauser effects clearly show that the protein's two trefoil domains adopt essentially the same secondary structure in solution. The main feature of each domain is a seven-residue helix followed by a short antiparallel beta-sheet formed from two strands of four amino acids each. This is a novel supersecondary structure, which clearly identifies the trefoil motif as a new class of growth factor associated module, distinct from other types of highly disulfide cross-linked domains, such as those found in epidermal growth factor and insulin-like growth factor I.

PMID: 1536842 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Source: PubMed

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No