View Single Post
Unread 08-21-2010, 11:41 PM

Points: 193,617, Level: 100 Points: 193,617, Level: 100 Points: 193,617, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 50.7%
Activity: 50.7% Activity: 50.7% Activity: 50.7%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase
NMR Credits: 0
NMR Points: 0
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Two-dimensional 1H, 15N NMR investigation of uniformly 15N-labeled lac repressor head

Two-dimensional 1H, 15N NMR investigation of uniformly 15N-labeled lac repressor headpiece.

Related Articles Two-dimensional 1H, 15N NMR investigation of uniformly 15N-labeled lac repressor headpiece.

J Biomol Struct Dyn. 1992 Apr;9(5):921-33

Authors: Lancelot G, Gervais A, Maurizot JC

15N uniformly labeled lac repressor and lac repressor headpiece were prepared. 15N NMR spectra of lac repressor were shown resolution inadequate for detailed study while the data showed that the 15N labeled N-terminal part of the protein is quite suitable for this type of study allowing future investigation of the specific interaction of the lac repressor headpiece with the lac operator. We report here the total assignment of proton 1H and nitrogen 15NH backbone resonances of this headpiece in the free state. Assignments of the 15N resonances of the protein were obtained in a sequential manner using heteronuclear multiple quantum coherence (HMQC), relayed HMQC nuclear Overhauser and relayed HMQC-HOHAHA spectroscopy. More than 80 per cent of residues were assigned by their 15NH(i)-N1H(i + 1) and 15NH(i)-N1H(i - 1) connectivities. Values of the 3JNH alpha splitting for 39 of the 51 residues of the headpiece were extracted from HMQC and HMQC-J. The observed 15NH(i)-C beta H cross peaks and the 3JNH alpha coupling constants values are in agreement with the three alpha-helices previously described [Zuiderweg, E.R.P., Scheek, R.M., Boelens, R., van Gunsteren, W.F. and Kaptein, R., Biochimie 67, 707 (1985)]. The 3JNH alpha coupling constants can be now used for a more confident determination of the lac repressor headpiece. From these values it is shown that the geometry of the ends of the second and third alpha-helices exhibit deviation from the canonical alpha-helix structure. On the basis of NOEs and 3JNH alpha values, the geometry of the turn of the helix-turn-helix motif is discussed.

PMID: 1524707 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Source: PubMed

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No