View Single Post
Unread 11-04-2014, 01:02 AM

Points: 193,617, Level: 100 Points: 193,617, Level: 100 Points: 193,617, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 50.7%
Activity: 50.7% Activity: 50.7% Activity: 50.7%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase
NMR Credits: 0
NMR Points: 0
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default A six-dimensional alpha proton detection-based APSY experiment for backbone assignment of intrinsically disordered proteins

A six-dimensional alpha proton detection-based APSY experiment for backbone assignment of intrinsically disordered proteins

Abstract

Sequence specific resonance assignment is the prerequisite for the NMR-based analysis of the conformational ensembles and their underlying dynamics of intrinsically disordered proteins. However, rapid solvent exchange in intrinsically disordered proteins often complicates assignment strategies based on HN-detection. Here we present a six-dimensional alpha proton detection-based automated projection spectroscopy (APSY) experiment for backbone assignment of intrinsically disordered proteins. The 6D HCACONCAH APSY correlates the six different chemical shifts, Hα(iÂ*â??Â*1), Cα(iÂ*â??Â*1), Câ?²(iÂ*â??Â*1), N(i), Cα(i) and Hα(i). Application to two intrinsically disordered proteins, 140-residue α-synuclein and a 352-residue isoform of Tau, demonstrates that the chemical shift information provided by the 6D HCACONCAH APSY allows efficient backbone resonance assignment of intrinsically disordered proteins.

Source: Journal of Biomolecular NMR

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No