Thread: Question from NMRWiki Q&A forum How to perform non-selective spectroscopy with an imager?
View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2012, 06:10 AM

Points: 193,617, Level: 100 Points: 193,617, Level: 100 Points: 193,617, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 50.7%
Activity: 50.7% Activity: 50.7% Activity: 50.7%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase
NMR Credits: 0
NMR Points: 0
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default How to perform non-selective spectroscopy with an imager?

How to perform non-selective spectroscopy with an imager?

Greetings NMR Wiki,

I am using a Bruker Biospec 24/30, (100 MHz 1H, DBX, Pv3, XWIN), equiped with a 36mm litz coil probe, to perform basic T1 & T2 measurements as well as DOSY. The sample is water. Images look great, basic spectroscopy has a systematic error.

My prior NMR experience is in chemistry on solid state systems using the chemagnetics CMX II type spectrometer. The Bruker instrument has been sending pulses for 6 months after I made a few repairs and was dormant (cold but not pulsing) for 5 years prior.

Is anyone out there using this class instrument for basic research?What are 'good' spectroscopic parameters to use for quantifying the relaxation dynamics of water in various substrates?How best to adjust the gain for the 90 & 180, and set the automatic adjustments to agree with manual adjustments? (non-selective, whole volume is 32mm x 54mm)How does one choose an appropriate gradient strength for spoiling or crushing?

Thank you for reading. Comments, links to online resources and/or references greatly appreciated.

-BK
Once bitten by the MR bug, there is no cure.

Check if somebody has answered this question on NMRWiki QA forum

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No